Blogger Templates

Sunday, October 9, 2011

More on Larry and Dolly

Well they have been in their own paddock for quite a few weeks now, running around, eating grass and happily accepting their morning and night drink of milk

They are going to wonder what hits them tonight as I will be moving them to a bigger paddock which has ewes and younger lambs and they will only be getting one bottle a day for the next couple of weeks!  I hope they enjoy being with the other young lambs and can't wait to see them all playing together.

Yes, it's true I am a softie but I also have to be realistic and their milk powder supply is getting really low so they must learn to fend for themselves sooner rather than later.

The other day they got outside of their perimeter fence and when I arrived to feed them they both went ballistic as they couldn't get themselves back in!  It must have looked and sounded like a real circus as I was busy trying to untie the temporary gate.  Dolly got herself to me but then when they were both separated you would have sworn I was trying to strangle them - what a noise and commotion! LOL  However all ended well and they were both reunited and fed.  Poor Larry couldn't finish his bottle as he was shaking so much from his frightening experience!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh too funny! Poor Larry. Hope they're happy with the other lambs and ewes